Sunday, May 9, 2010

How can I have a happy marriage like my parent? 10 POINTS FOR THE WISEST ANSWER. Thank you?

My parent have been married for 24 years. They are still very happy and sweet with one another. My father is a school teacher. My mom has her own business. For many years, my father would come home from school to have breakfast, lunch, and dinner with my mom (everyday). My father and mother rarely argue or fight. My father never cheats on my mom. They have some financial problems and some hardships, but their love still so strong.





I wonder why is that? Do you know why?





Thank you so much for your kindness.





Sorry, for the poor grammar. English is my second language.How can I have a happy marriage like my parent? 10 POINTS FOR THE WISEST ANSWER. Thank you?
First, your English sounds perfect to me, but... it's also not my native language ;-)





Second, I think.... you should ask your parents. I also thought my parents never argued and always were kind to each other.


My father's dead for 10 years now...





I still think they were very kind to each other. But I also learned later that they... were very good in... not arguing in front of the kids. They also had their problems with each other, but we, as kids, hardly noticed it.





When the kids all started living on themselves they got more time for each other and they really had a wonderful time together.





In one way I'm really thankful that they were very good to us as kids (although I surely had my problems with dad ;-), in another way... I had almost the same question as you when I started living toghether with my girlfriend.





Then... I started asking my parents about their relationship and... discovered ';the'; truth. I'm happy they were very open about it. Although I sometimes still have a little quarrel with my girlfriend, we still love and respect each other a lot after 20 years. I know she trusts me, she knows I trust her and that's all we really need in our relationship. Unfortunately we've got no kids...





This is ofcourse my... story about my parents, I can't tell you much about yours since I don't know them. But, by reading your story I wouldn't mind if we... had been sibblings ;-)





Anyway, tell your parents they did a good job and wish them the best from me !How can I have a happy marriage like my parent? 10 POINTS FOR THE WISEST ANSWER. Thank you?
you know it takes 2 very forgiving people to make a marriage a success. it takes both sides working on it, and willingness to compromise if the issue is not that important.





Now your parents may have had arguements, even the best do they probably were very careful to do it privately and low tone too. obviously your parents were very mature. if the wife feels love and cherished by the hubby she will respond with respect and submission. he will respond by being more assertive for being a loving leader, and really care and feel comfortable and needed by the wife.





A man needs to feel like he is the leader, that his ability is appreciated by his wife. if she belittles his efforts and uses unkind words and is not sympathetic when he has had a bad day at work, or interupts him when he is expressing himself, or does a I told you so when something he planned or tried to do fails it will make him feel unloved and probably feel unsure of himself..





if you commend your husband even in small things, and feel you want to be with him, instead of treating him like he is in the way,





And lastly if he treats the wife the same, then what a match!!!





if a man is stand offiish acts like he is not concerned about his wifes views or desire to talk, or doens't help her out when she falls behind in her work, especially if children are involved, (you know housework always falls behind when you have children it is a given and shouldn't be a source of conflict). if he acts like he doesn't want to spend quality time with her, going to the park bike ride or just sitting watching tv together and commenting about what they are watching, being really intune with each other then she will see she is not loved and that will cause tension, and unhappiness for both.





if either can't communicate together when there is some uncertainty on eithers part about whether the relation is strong then you can bet they will drift apart and may even start looking elsewhere for companionship desperately wanted.





RRRR
I think that your English is great.





My wife an I are on our 40th year together.





It seems to get better every year.





I suggest that you take your time and find someone that you trust and are comfortable with.





Avoid the strong physical attraction, it doesn't last. Most of all look for someone who is nice. Not just to you, someone who treats everyone nice.





Avoid judgmental people, it's just a matter of time till this judgment will turn on you.





Love and blessings Don
You will be extremely happy if you find your soul mate. As far sweet and happy to each other, try to marry someone who can be your best friend, too
You choose you lover, an one of the things that i have learned over my short years is that love is something so excuisite that to discribe it with words will not do it justice. If you are looking for someone... well im a Single male, going to be 22 on the 25th, live in Mesa, AZ... Sorry, got carried away. Anyways the key to any long lasting relationship is patience, you have your whole life to look for someone to love. So don't rush it, i always tell people, ';Do you want it do fast, or do you want it do right?';
No apologies necessary, your English is quite good.





The answer is that not only do they love each other, they are good friends. Don't you enjoy spending time with your friends? Don't you hate it when you're apart? Don't you wish you were with them when you're not with them? Same thing with them.





John
find a mate that has the qualities you TRULY want, not what you think you want.
Work at it and don't give up when it seems like you're not ';head over heels'; anymore. That's when love grows deeper. Further, your father has integrity. It's not that he may not have been tempted, but unlike so many today, he thought of the consequences and decided it wasn't worth it.
AWW THATS SOOO CUTE !





imagne what the world would be like if everyone was like that ?





:)) !








if you love someone try to be nice to them, Yes. everyone has there fights, but get through them dont make a big deal out of it :)) !








plz help me http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>
It's called love.


That's what you do when you are in love and you care about someone.


It seems like nowdays everyone is worried about cheating.


If you find the right person to begin with, you don't need to cheat. Sex is not all there is to life.


If you don't know if you really love the person, don't marry them. It has to be something that is thought out for a long time and you have to be sure of it. You have to be a mature person to know what you want in life. If the other person has one thing that you do not like do not marry them thinking you will change them or they will change, you have to like everything about them from the start.


It is not fair to the other person to marry them thinking you can change them, they have their own personality and if you try to change them, they will become unhappy causing you to be unhappy.


Financial problems and hardships are a part of life and they make us stronger people and if you get through it together, it will make the partnership stronger.


I have been married 29 years and your parents sound like my marriage. Good luck to them.


And thank them for setting a good example.
Mutual R. E. S. P. E. C. T.and L. O. V. E. covers E. V. E. R.Y. T. H. I. N. G.
Your parents are friends on top of being married. When two people are compatible and want to spend time together their marriages seem to be more stable.


My hubby and I would rather hang out with eachother than with anyone else. He's my buddy on top of being the love of my life. Plus we respect eachother and think of the other before ourselves.


Hope this helps.
They're true soul mates. That's why they're in a happy marriage.
LET EACH OTHER WIN AND SPOIL THE OTHER ONE BY LETTING THEM HAVE ANYTHING THEY WANT.





REAL LOVE IS RARE NOW BUT I HAVE BEEN FORTUNATE TO BE REALLY IN LOVE.





ALWAYS KEEP A GOOD SENSE OF HUMOR..





REMEMBER, LET THE OTHER GUY WIN......


SPOIL EACH OTHER TO PIECES....


AND YOU WILL BE HAPPY
it all comes down to patience. Knowing when to give and when to take. AND NOT SWEATING THE SMALL STUFF! Every married couple has arguments, but an argument must be chosen wisely. Argue the important things, the rest are just better left alone.


Always tell the other person you appreciate them, not just love them.


as for your parents... they have a solid base it seems, I mean they both have mutual love and respect for one another.


You must like someone before you can love them ,really love them that is. if you do not like things about the other personn, and I mean big things, not little things like they left their socks on the floor, then it will not work out.


i think your parents are still in love after all the years because they simply like eachother as well as love eachother.


thanks
You can ask them and will tell you.


My guess is one of them gives in during the fights (can I guess your dad?)
Well I've been married for five years and we are really happy. The number one thing that I think helps one to have a good marriage is to be ready for the commitment. So many people either marry because of a time ultimatum or because the woman wants the wedding. Talk to your future spouse about your beliefs and goals. Wait to start your family so that you can really have the special time with each other. A few years helps as having a baby usually puts stress on the marriage because of new demands.





Do not live together before getting married. Statistics show that couples who live together first have a high incidence of divorce. Experts believe that it is because living together requires no commitment and when that falls into marriage the outlook does not change.





Pray to God for a good husband. Put God first and everything else will fall into place. Your parents are friends and in the end that is what marriage really is. It is a partnership based upon deep friendship and mutual trust. Passion is great but it fades.





Talk to each other about everything. Give each other space to have your own interests and then have interests you can share with each other as well. Stay fresh with your views and things to do. Go on trips together.





Make sure that if you do argue to not go crazy. Try to see your partner's side. Sometimes agree to disagree. Always tell each other that you love each other.





Finally keep your personal life private. Don't tell your friend's about your husbnd's foibles or idiosyncransies. Don't tell them your marital problems. If your partner finds out it could make them feel insecure and you don't want to do that. Treat your partner the way you want to be treated and love them unconditionally.
There is no magic that can be done. Marriage takes hard work and commitment. Life is not easy and there will be good times and bad, but at the end of the day be there for each other. You should choose someone who has the same beliefs as you and compatability is important. Commitment and love go hand in hand

No comments:

Post a Comment