Thursday, May 13, 2010

How was your FIRST week of marriage?

After the wedding and the honeymoon, how was married life for you?How was your FIRST week of marriage?
My hunnymoon was really bad all me and my husband did was fight and argue most of the time and then for the whole first year of our marriage we faught to. The first year of marriage sucks its like something comes after you and attacks the good. But it got better from there.How was your FIRST week of marriage?
Well we got married in Hawaii with our families, then came back to Massachusetts (where we lived) for a week, and then went to Italy for our honeymoon.





The week after we got back from our honeymoon was ok for me, as it was my third marriage. However, my wife was young and it was her first marriage, she had never lived with a man other than her father and her brothers before me, and so it was a little harder for her to adjust.


The entire first year of marriage is tough. You've started a new chapter in life, one that involves facing lifetime with one person that you're around constantly. You learn a totally new side of them after you hit the alter. It is harder for some than it is for others. Marriage can be a very good thing, once you get the hang of it.





I have been married for 19 years, and our bond only grows stronger year after year. We have a wonderful family, and are just as happy as we were before marriage.
He was/is in the USAF and had orders to Ramstein AFB, Germany. We got married after he got orders and before he reported. He left 5 days after we married for Germany and it took another 6 months to get me command sponsored and over there with him. So it was bittersweet, happy to be married, but knowing he was leaving, and then of course, missing him. And the 6 months was incredibly frustrating with neverending paperwork and red tape, and with them telling me, now take this to X, go to X, why are you here? you still need A, B, and C, then come back here, do A B and C, come back. And repeat, at least 3 times.





Once I got to Germany i was jetlagged, and we had very limited loaner furniture, so while i was ECSTATIC to see him, it was a lot of getting settled, and buying household necessities.
We've been happily married for 10 yrs. now but I remember the 1st year as the toughest. Huge adjustments, compromise, tempers flaring up, and a general feeling of ';Is this all there is to marriage?'; Things gradually smoothed out later on, but it did take lots of work on a daily basis.
Better than when we were not married..we both feel more secured and more open with our feelings. Although sometimes we have some misunderstandings but we tackle things and talk about it with an open mind..and we take some problems as an additional spice in our relationship to make it stronger and better..so far we're married for 14 years now..and still going strong and everyday we learn something new about each other..may be small or big things but we make sure that we have each physically and emotionally..
Great because I could finally say, ';well too bad, you're married to me now! No turning back!!!'; But I'm immature. It has been hard getting used to the idea that everything is ';ours'; and not ';mine,'; but other than that, we're the same as before.
It was no different then before we got married cause my husband and i had moved in together 3 months before we got married.
I cried everyday! Seriously I called my grandmother and confided how depressed I really was. 7 years later I am happy and involved with another man that treats me like a queen. Who knows what could happen in a few months. ;-)
it was the same as it was before we were married, only now we were both wearing rings.
It was much less than I expect and little did I know that it was a preview of things to come. I'm divorced now and much happier.
It was great!! He was in the USMC so i actually got to be with him everyday after we got married!
i gained eight pounds
My left hand was heavier and my last name was different...that's about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment