Sunday, May 9, 2010

What is the oldest record of marriage? (and do not tell me Adam and Eve)?

I want dates, too. ';beginning of time'; doesn't count.


What's the earliest recorded marriage between two spouses (or several)?What is the oldest record of marriage? (and do not tell me Adam and Eve)?
Adam and Eve, GenesisWhat is the oldest record of marriage? (and do not tell me Adam and Eve)?
There are mentions of marriages in the earliest myths of Europe, and the early Hindu scriptures (which predate the Jewish ones by a long shot). Virtually from the beginning of written correspondence, there is marriage. However, records of marriage in the sense that we keep them are fairly new.





Marriage was a civil, contracted affair between families and individuals, and religion got in on the act fairly late. The Catholic Church didn't get into marriage until 1545, when it was made a requirement for a priest to officiate at marriages - before then, marriage was made by consent, by declaration to marry, and the subsequent physical union of the parties. No religion was involved.
Before I answer I would like to take a small hint on the word [Recorded] , did it ever occur to you and got hit by the fact that the word [Recorded] was recently invented for marriages ?





I mean , before there was even a government [organised one] People got married with Witnesses or by the Preacher's eye witness ; so the whole [Village , Tribe , city] knew of this two couples marriage . There was no need for documented registered marriage contracts before the invention of world wide governments .





so , your question is almost pointless .





Now , to answer your question , I know that it was in Babel when Ashuras had that very tiny writings , the spouses actually wrote some Vows and that is considered the first recorded Marriages . you need to search in that region/era .





Peace
I don't think marriage records were well kept beyond a few hundred years ago, honestly.





And I'm laughing hysterically at the number of fundie Biblical Literalists who said ';Adam and Eve, Genesis.';





It's a sad kind of funny. The kind that makes you feel like you need to smoke a bowl afterward to get over the bleakness of.
OK, You asked for it?? So I won't waste my time telling you.





GOD Bless YA,





Chicago Bob. (Imasinner)





Please pray for our Country and Our President (DAILY)





There is more Joy in JESUS in 24 hours, Than there is in the World in 365 Days. I have tried them both.(ME TO)


R.A. Torrey.
Marriage predates writing, so the first recorded marriage was probably around the time of the first written documents. That is, around 3000 BCE in Sumer.
I'd try asking this question in another section for answers other than Adam and Eve. Though, my guess would be sometime in one of the really old empires or dynasties. (Greek, roman, chinese, etc)
Why shouldn't I tell you Adam and Eve? It is indeed the oldest recorded marriage (recorded in Genesis, a historical document).
How about, before the foundation of the world? :) Does that count?





That's *before* the beginning of time... so we should be good.
Early man didn't know the rituals of marriage but he knew how to populate the earth
Adam and Eve weren't married, they just lived in sin.
Truth is - '; Adam and Eve ';
Give me an answer (BUT don't give me the truth)








Right








Adam and Eve
a%26amp;e
I don't think you are going to get a good answer

No comments:

Post a Comment