Tuesday, May 11, 2010

What do you have against gay marriage?

Okay, so I just want to find out from people that are against gay marriage, if gay people were to be married how could it possibly effect your day to day life in any way shape or form? Please be sure to make yourself sound as intelligent as possible as I will probably copy and paste your answers in message boards to laugh at your expense later on.What do you have against gay marriage?
Let me first start off by saying I do not agree with gay marriage at all!!! I am a straight Black Christian. That being said,your question is 100% VALID. And here's why. At some point in the last 400years a white man(the only ones with any power)had to ask another white man, ';How does this Black Man becoming free hurt your freedom in any way?'; Much the way I will ask the Christian nay-sayers here. HOW DOES ALLOWING 2 GAY MEN OR WOMEN TO MARRY AFFECT YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD, OR WITH YOUR HUSBAND OR WIFE? (please be as specific as possible without being graphic) The argument that God doesn't like it really DOESN'T hold water. God said he gives his people free will,which by making this law we have stripped. I just have a problem when the imperfect human gets to decide which laws of the Bible we will make State%26amp;Fed laws %26amp; which we won't. What about ban on Divorce since God also doesn't care for that much. Or how about infedelity, that's shunned or pre-marital sex. I got the solution, lets make all of it illegal that way the Christians get a Bible based society, we can levy fines against the new law breakers thus no tax hikes, EVER. And gay people will get some form retrobution watching millions of people formally against them being arrested%26amp;fined just for living their lives. OR, we can just not make any of them laws%26amp;let people be ACCOUNTABLE FOR THEIR OWN ACTIONS.What do you have against gay marriage?
I have nothing against gay marriage.





I also can not even begin to comprehend how it can be made illegal. All the BS about god making marriage. Neither my husband nor I believe in god and we were allowed to get married- so that theory goes out the door. Also, how is it anything but discrimination. Contrary to what most christians think, this country was not based on christianity, it was based on the SEPARATION of CHURCH and STATE, so why should their narrow minded religious reviews have any sway what so ever on other people's private lives? Making gay marriage illegal is unconstitutional. Just like when interracial marriages were made illegal. The only things that gives me comfort is that knowing it most likely will be legal in my lifetime.
I don't personally have a problem, even though I am a christian. I think the problem is that in the bible it does say any man who covets another man will be an abomination to him. This would also go for women, since man was basically meaning any person ( I think) So personally, I don't see why people are upset about gays in general, I mean we all sin and every sin is weighted equally in god's eyes, so lying is just as bad as murder, so where can any human judge a gay person, when they have sins too? Now I'm not saying being gay is a sin in my mind...I have my own theories...but many people do. I think when marriage comes up, people feel like they need to stop that process, because they think it would be a slap in their god's face. They wonder, when they get up there in front of those gates, what they will say when God asks why they didn't stop this process when he clearly stated in his book it was wrong.


Just an idea though. I'm not particularly against gay marriage, so I don't know what exactly goes on in those minds.
I just feel that gay marriages are wrong. besides the fact that the bible says it's a sin, it will not work with the way humans in general are made. you can not have any kind of real sexual relations with the same sex, as in having children. it has to be man and woman not man and man or Viceversa. being gay is someones choice, you're not ';born gay'; it is a personal choice. Although people may be happier with the same sex it just is not supposed to be like that.
I have never understood how a state or federal government can ban gay marriage. To me it seems like if a church is ok marrying the couple then they should be allowed to get married. To me gay marriage isn't exactly holy but who am i to push my beliefs onto a couple who may or may not share my views. A ban on it seems like a violation of the constitution. It almost seems like setting up a state church.
This is still a free country, and I'm no judge; however, I would prefer that homosexuals not refer to their unions as marriages. God is the one that created marriage and He clearly outlines what it should be. When gays call their union marriage, it flies in the face of the principles that this country was built upon, what our forefathers clearly believed and held sacred as well as what I hold dear. Ironically, it's a matter of respect for the rights and beliefs of others.
Marriage is a religious ceremony between a man and a woman.. not a man and another man.. or a woman and another woman.





I personally could care less if gay people wanted to get married.





But you asked the question and I am giving you the actual answer.





You want to marry someone of the same sex.. have a civil union.
Boooooohh Gay people suck!!





Wait!! they do!! and they love it!! lol JK man.





I personally think Gay marriage is not wrong. Supposedly we are free to do whatever we want (suppooosdely). I dont think is ok to tell people who you can marry and who you cannot. However, I am completely against gay marriages adopting because is not natural. I believe everyone should be educated in a traditional environment. Although there somethings that do not seem right about this, because there are irreponsible single parents raising their kids, there are irresponsable straight marriages raising their kids in a irresponsible manner. It makes me think, would children be better off being raised by a gay responsible couple? or by an irresponsible straight couple?





You know gay marriage is now legal in Conneticut?
Marriage was intended to be for a man and a woman! Not Two people of the same sex!


God did not intend for that!


It was NOT Adam and Steve!


If you have a gay couple and they raise a child, that kid will be confused. He will not have a good life. It will not be normal for him or when he brings his friends home and have to introduce them to Mom and Mom. WTF!


S/he will get picked on in school.


That is just sick to. You are not supposed to have sex with someone of the same gender. Just the thought of it makes me want to puke!
OMG %26lt;-----( I can't believe I actually used that)


But anyway, I am so tired of people trying to stop something that has nothing to do with them. I mean if ';Jim and Doug'; get married in Cali does some traditional married couple in Ohio get divorced magically?!





I just don't believe we should waste time and money on something like this. Being gay is not for me but who am I to say what's wrong for others.


If we are going to let government define relationships for gays then they should define it for all of us, and go back to the old days of a girl and boy can't even go to the movies together as friends, you have to classify yourself ';boyfriend and girlfriend'; with the intent on getting married after high school. You catch my drift.....


If I made any sense...LOL
I honestly could care less. My best friend is gay and I wish our state would pass gay marriage rights so that she can feel the connection of marriage just as any couple does. My feeling is honestly that if you don't like it, too bad. It's not going to effect anyone else but that couple. No ones asking you to become gay just because gay marriage becomes legal...they're instead asking for acceptance. You don't like what you see, don't look.
I am FOR gay marriage %26amp; voted that way in CA. I'm pissed at the results. My favorite IGNORANT comment ever is . . . ';It's Adam %26amp; Eve, not Adam %26amp; Steve';. DAR HAR HAR. I could swear that most of these people just reiterate some stupid BS they heard because they can't be bothered to form an opinion of their own. It's sad %26amp; unoriginal.
It doesn't.





The state I reside in just voted for gay marriage yesterday (Connecticut). Personally I don't care who you sleep with and what sex they are. It has no effect on my life at all nor am I repulsed by it.





In fact, it means nothing to me.
OK. Enough of the PC garbage.





Its amoral. What is the difference between a homosexual, Pedophile, a person that likes beastiality, an Anti-Humanphille. Its all sick perversions.





The government should not sanction an mental disorder.
Nothing at all...i think if you are in love with someone and want to share your love together..get married and be happy just like everyone else. Everyone has their own preferences no matter how different you are. I think everyone in the world needs to be happy and be with the one they love. :)
in my opinion everyone has a right to do as the please but somehow i can't come to accept gay marriage as it is, to me. nasty and ungodly. that's all i have to say
I don't have a problem with it. People keep saying that marriage is between a man and a woman. Theirs might be but I don't see why every ones has to be. Live and let live.
I have nothing against gay marriage.





My argument...my passion....is against marriage itself!





I haven't a clue why the gays would want such a curse.
nothing against it





answer mine please





http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>
I do not have anything against gay marriage I think it is so stupid that people think it is ok to discriminate against people for who they are whether it be for race or sexual preference :)
II totally agree! 've asked a question about this before. I have the same argument. People say its for religious reasons. So ifthat'ss their reasoning then should straight people that are no treligiouss not allowed to get married either? Good question!
It defies nature. We were all given a sex drive to reproduce. Man and Man can not make babies.What goes on behind closed doors is a private matter and marriage is public.
Marriage is between a man and a woman.Even animals know that.



It's wrong, immoral and satanic.
That is disgusting because god didnt intend two of the same sex together (ever heard of adam and eve? god would of made 2 of the same if that was his intent)
doesn't bother me at all, everyone deserves to be happy...
God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve!
It's Nasty
Nothing. Be my guest!
Nothing. I think they should be allowed to marry. Let them be happy. I don't understand what the big deal is!
Nothing, just make sure to keep the wrong stuff out of the kid's view.

No comments:

Post a Comment