Thursday, May 13, 2010

What are the pros and cons of marriage?

I don't think I'll ever get married. The person I love is weirded out by marriage.What are the pros and cons of marriage?
Marriage isnt for everyone thats for sure.What are the pros and cons of marriage?
The Pro's of getting married is legal access and authority for spouse, tax deductions, other financial and legal benefits. The Con's are legal and financial accountability and responsibility for you're spouse.





Example: You can claim you wife as a dependent make medical decesions, and collect life insurance if something should happen to them. You would also have to pay for whatever debt they owe and take care of their welfare. At least if they ever had to go to court, you're allowed not to testify against them.
In my situation


the pros:





knowing that the person that I love chose me above all others as


someone they will always be there for - for companionship, friendship, sex, etc.


financial - tax breaks, two incomes, etc.


great sex whenever I want it








really the only cons:





feeling like sometimes I get sick of always compromising what *I* want to be doing, and worrying about someone else.
It may not matter what the pros and cons to marriage are, if you partner does not want to get married, than it might not happen.


pros - spending time with the one you care for


the legal bond is safe


growing old with the one you love


Sharing your anniversaries with your children


Too many to name


Cons - mother-in-law
I really don't know cause I have done ti once and really saw absolutely NO BENEFITS from it I just saw the CONS from it but


I will NOT GET married again and I am happy in my Family unit as my partner doesn't want to do it again either
PROS


a partner%26gt;discounts%26gt; save money%26gt; always have a DATE lol


CONS


make decisions based w both you guys%26gt;
Your cons may be someone else's pros, and vice versa

No comments:

Post a Comment