Sunday, May 9, 2010

Is the whole idea of marriage unnatural?

I keep hearing that gay marriage is unnatural, but when you think about it all marriage is unnatural.Is the whole idea of marriage unnatural?
I don't know about the actual words . But I think a marriage or union, or commitment to one special person is natural. Its the idea that it has to be a physical contract that involves the government, religion, and lawyers that i believe is unnatural. What the heck do they have to do with our choices and lives.Is the whole idea of marriage unnatural?
Maybe? I dunno. I guess what is meant is that marriage was made up by christians (the actual marriage itself. They have had similar unions for hundreds of years) and most christians believe the bible, that marriage is between a man and woman, for the purpose of creating a home and offspring. So, going with that, it doesn't fit with marriage, does it? I still think there should be a legal union for same sex couples with equal rights,but let's not call it marriage. That way, everyone is happy.
I have to agree.. Marriage is unnatural.. I don't think it is natural to stay with the same person for the rest of your life.. But will i conform.. probably... because the law lets married people do more then unmarried people. For example.. My boyfriend and I have been ';together'; for 6yrs.. we live and work together and raise our son together.. BUT we can NOT file our taxes together, we have to file separately. We cannot get insurance together... he has his insurance for him and our son, i have to buy my own insurance! So we talked about getting married for those reasons.. then just live our lifestyle the way we always have lived.. what does a piece of paper make a difference on that part... ya know?
haha kind of. i'm not planning on getting married, because regardless of whether it's natural i think it's pointless. i think love is enough, you shouldn't need documentation (that said, if there's going to be straight marriage, there should also be gay marriage)
Finally somebody said it . Yep one sex partner for life is not based on realistic ideas about humans need for expression . The custom of marraige is rooted in ideas about property and inheritence . The custom is not rooted in romance -
It's OK when you consider it as it originated, a legal arrangement to assure property rights and inheritance, with a prayer on the side for the deity or deities of your choice to bless the union.
I don't want to get married right now but if I ever met someone who I loved and would like to spend the rest of my life with then yes I would like to, and I don't think it's unnatural.
Marriage is a weird thing. Most animals don't settle for one partner, they go around. Like humans do, but we usually stop ourselves from doing it :D
Love is the most natural thing in the world.


It's the bigots in the world that are unnatural.
In my opinion? Yes. Most animals in nature don't mate for life. Humans are no exception.
  • maybelline foundation
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment