Sunday, May 9, 2010

Do you think Mormons would like it if tons of gay people moved to Utah and lifted the ban on gay marriage?

Population of Utah ~2.5 million


Gay Americans ~15 million





Then we can see who's the minority.


Maybe we can ban straight marriage while we're at it.Do you think Mormons would like it if tons of gay people moved to Utah and lifted the ban on gay marriage?
Utah is like Camazotz (if you don't know what that is, you should read these papery things called books). Just give the Mormons enough time, and even the gays will be incorporated.





They are the Morg--the Mormon version of the Borg. ';Join us. Resistance is futile.';Do you think Mormons would like it if tons of gay people moved to Utah and lifted the ban on gay marriage?
Ironically because Prop 8 won, the State of Utah is reconsidering allowing domestic partnerships. Prop 8 took the position that gays should have rights without the title 'marriage'. Now States like Utah are not being discouraged by the churches from this more practical action.
I'm from Utah and I'm gay. I also believe from personal experience that there are a lot of gay Utahns. Its actually the older people here that are so dead set against gay people and marriage. The younger generation, such as myself, is much more open.
Haha, I'm totally down. If someone organizes it, and finds a way for people to vote in their election for relatively cheap, I'd totally do it. Maybe we can band together and get cheapo apartments for a couple months before the election.
Mormons are faced with a similar issue. I would bet that if Gays


attained marital rights , Mormons would be next in line since the


definition of marriage would certainly be a change with same sex


marriages.
I have no desire to go to Utah. I don't think moving there in mass would do anything other than make it more of an issue than it already is. Just my take on it.
I dont think they would like it, but I would! But Utah? I rather make mormons the minority in a funner state...like Hawaii.
That would be fabulous! I'm in Canada, but would be totally thrilled anyways!
Hhmm The ban was in California...* I * live in CA and * I * voted for the ban...
Ha ha. That is a really creative idea! By gosh, I like it, I like it a lot!!!
gays have better sense than to move to Utah, seems like one of the most boring states in the US
Why they'd simply burst with joy!
Yes!!! Yes!!! Yess!!!! Perfect!!
Dude, I wish you would.
AHH!! we should do it!!! :p
Please do that for me that way we will know where all the gays are and i can go back to my fave pub again because a gang of lesbian took it over

No comments:

Post a Comment