Saturday, January 23, 2010

Is it better to teach your child to remain a virgin until marriage or how to have protective sex?

Which has worked best for you?





Please Be honestIs it better to teach your child to remain a virgin until marriage or how to have protective sex?
ACTUALLY BOTHIs it better to teach your child to remain a virgin until marriage or how to have protective sex?
The answer should be obvious: how to have protected sex.





While it's a nice idea that you can teach them to have good values about staying a virgin until married, speaking realistically, they're probably not going to do that.





I'm a teenager, and although I have a level head on my shoulders, I know that we don't always do what our parents want us to. If my parents just told me ';Don't have sex until you're married.'; I can almost guarantee that I would have had sex by now.





Teenagers need to know what happens when they have sex; what's a myth and what's not. They need to know what birth control methods are available to them if they do become sexually active before marriage and how to use them. It's unbelievable how naive some teenagers are about sex.





It's like the whole idea of a closed door: If someone says ';don't open this door';, what's the first thing a person is going to do? They're going to open it. If you tell a child ';don't have sex until you're married';, they're going to have premarital sex.





In fact, I don't see why people even bother with trying to teach kids to be abstinent. It's a nice idea, but it just doesn't work. So you may as well teach them about condoms and birth control to prevent sexually transmitted diseases and unwanted babies. We don't need any more naive babies having babies.
In high school your consider a loser if your still a virgin by senior year. Social life less loser, at least in my school, so the whole save until marriage thing wont do much. If your a parent who has clearly not even practice what you speak (like had a child before being married or dating while divorce) then its even harder for your kids to value your opinion. So protective sex advice is a more practical one esp in the sex crazed media world we live in.
honestly, it doesnt matter what the parent believes or tells his or her kids. If they want to have sex, they will. Sure teach them whats wrong and whats right. and let them decide. even tell them, if you want to have sex, please be protected. i mean, truth is its going to happen if the parents want it to happen or not.


and most of the time the parents dont even find out. Just lay down the facts and leave it up to them.





Dont say DONT HAVE SEX, and dont say SEX IS OKAY TO HAVE.


just, leave it up to them. trust me im around high school kids 24/7





Im a jr in highschool, i myself am a virgin, and want to stay one tell marriage, but thats just me.





people are diffrent.





hope that helped.
Both...sort of. I think that you TEACH abstinence and EDUCATE about protection for when the time does come that they do become sexually active...and hope like crazy that they choose to follow your TEACHINGS and that they incorporate the education when they do.





This is what my mother did. She taught me to wait. I did...until I was 18, and the night I did lose my virginity, I asked him use a condom - which is rare from what I understand. I didn't wait until marriage...but I did wait and I did eventually marry him...and I was safe.


It went something like this...';You need to wait to have sex with the man you marry because sex is an expression of love over everything else and it should be with the man you love, not just like or feel so attracted to but LOVE...and when you find that person and do it, you need to protect yourselves against pregnancy and std's until you're ready for a baby and until you're sure and have proof (tests) that he doesn't have std's.'; Worked for me...we didn't wait until we were married but we kept ourselves protected and we did marry later.
kids are kids, and our jobs as parents is too make sure they are prepared for any and every obstacle that comes their way. It is our job to teach them about the consequences of sex and hopefully they will decide on whether they want to wait until marriage or not. We just have to make sure their educated, if we don't teach them no one else will. good luck with your decision.
Being that I'm still young, all that I can tell you that if you constantly sexually harrass your child and post pictures of nude women on his wall while he's at school, he's sure to not have sex for a long time. I'm now in my 20s, and I still don't like girls.
It's better to teach a child when and how to have sex. Kids are going to have sex. It's best to make it a safe experience for them. Also, no one should marry without a test flight or two. That's simply unthinkable.
Its a personal decision all parents have to make. Some believe in no sex until marriage and others don't. When my boys are old enough we will talk about abstinence and safe sex should he decide to have sex.
I would have to say both. Teach them about protective sex, and then tell them that it is best to wait until marriage. At least you know you done your part as a parent.
well i think both, but when it comes down to it, its always there choice if theyre going to stay a virgin or not, so its important to teach them to have protected sex
Teach them how to have sex, first. Other wise they're gonna try to do each other in the ear and what not. You don't want that. Causes lots of hospital bills.
It's better to lock your children in their rooms until marriage. That is what I am going to use when my son gets old eno...oh, wait, he's a boy. So, nevermind. Boys will be boys.






I think protective sex is more important. How many kids are waiting until they are married to have sex these days? Most kids I know aren't virgins when they enter high school.
Try teaching them to remain a virgin first, and then as they grow older you can teach them about protective sex.
Both. Neither have worked.
Protective sex obviously.





Technique and practicality always beats outdated morals.
BOTH.





I am teaching my daughter that it is better to wait, but if she doesn't I also want her to know how to protect her self.
umm...firstly this is in the wrong section...





but my mom has taught me to remain a virgin until marriage...it has


worked 'till now...
Both, but really more Protective.





Better to be safe, than sorry.
My mom taught me to abstain until I was married, AND taught me to use protection if I decide not to wait.
for me personally i was a virgin until i got married
I tried to teach both. You may want them to wait, but doesn't always happen. ***
My wife was as pure as the driven plow.
How about both, and let them make the best decision they can.
tell them to wait is best but if they feel they must, educate safe sex.
its good to teach both











Obama'08
Both
Both
both%26lt;3

No comments:

Post a Comment