Saturday, January 23, 2010

What does everyone thing about Marriage Counseling?

My husband and I have some BIG problems and I am at my wits end. I have already moved out and we are doing equal time with our 2 year old. I just wanted to ask what people though about marriage counseling. Is it worth the time and effort or should I just give up already??What does everyone thing about Marriage Counseling?
I don't know about what everyone else things......





but I know... that as long as both people are willing to try to repair the marriage..... that marriage counseling.... can do WONDERS.What does everyone thing about Marriage Counseling?
If you really want to save your marriage it might be worth the effort. I would suggest private counseling for yourself and if your husband is willing to go a couple session.





Start now by making a list of what you think went wrong in the marriage etc. A 3rd person listening to key issues and not be judgemental may be worth it.
A marriage counselor is human just like you and your husband; so you have to realize she/he can't work miracles. They are simply there to intervene....teach you both how to pin point the problem and develop better Communication skills %26amp; solutions to get back on track. I personally believe if two people really want to save their marriage they can find a way to do it on their own. A marriage counselor will never truly know you or your husband, they can only give professional advice which sometimes is a bunch of B.S. They are expensive and if you have the money then I guess it never hurts to try. But if something inside of you says it's over and it's useless to keep trying....then go with your gut because it's normally right.
Luckily my wife and I have never needed one, but I believe there is anything wrong with having to need some external help to save your marriage. I think most problems with marriages that don't work is that the two sides don't try hard enough to make it work. If getting help from a MC will help, then go for it. It won't make it worse than it's already is.
Dont give up, if its not for u or not for yr husband, dont give up for yr 2 year old son/daughter. try everything u can and make sure yr husband try that as well. Sit with him talk with him, and if things didnt work out like that go counseling, it woks and can help.
Try counseling if you think your marriage is worth trying to save.





In my experience you can get some really good counselors. But then again you can get some real idiots - it's a bit like a lottery.





Good Luck.
my opinion, its a waist of time and money, unless u get a really good one to help you, most of them that i have dwelt with werent even married themselves, so how can anyone advise someone if they dont know what problems you have or relate to them
It is absolutely worth the time and effort. You owe it to your husband, yourself, and your child to give your marriage every chance. You took vows.
you have to go alone first. then go together. and if both of you dont go alone. it wont work. because one person will be putting in all the work
Try everything. Counseling might help if you enter into it with honesty and openness and a willingness to make it work.
It worked for my husband and I. We only know what we have learned. Counseling helps open our minds to other opinions. You are the only 1 that can decide if it's worth it.
If the both of you whole heartedly want to try it then yes of course it MAY work. However if he don鈥檛 want to try it then give up and move on.
I think it's great for couples with communication issues. If you are always fighting or not speaking with each other, I would recommend it.
if you really love him then yes its well worth it. but i can tell you first hand that you both must put forth the effort or it will be a waste of time
I would defiantly give it a go. If it doesn't work it doesn't work.
Yes, it's worth the time and effort.
give it a chance as long as 2 of you are trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment