Saturday, January 23, 2010

What will happen at ';individual'; marriage counseling?

Today we had our 5th couples counseling session. The counselor said that the next step is to meet with us individually, so we both made appointments for next week. Can anyone tell me what to expect... what will she want from me... and what is she likely to ask my wife?





The issues are related to sex and intimacy... I complain of not getting enough, and my wife complains about me in general.What will happen at ';individual'; marriage counseling?
Yes, the therapist will expect you to state all the reasons why you are solely at fault for the sexual downfall of your marriage...........I'm not sure what will happen at your wife's appointment......maybe she'll discover her inner-robot.....LOL.....I feel for you man, I really do.................................What will happen at ';individual'; marriage counseling?
they separate you to make you feel safe to tell the truth, anything that you wouldn' say in front of each other you are free to say in these sessions





most likely she'll ask both of you the same questions


primarily questions about past sessions, going into futher detail about events as well as your feelings during events, and you'll talk about your feelings towards these couseling sessions as well (if you think its going well or not, etc...)
They will try to see what the heck is wrong with both of you. It seems like she is unattractive to you so she will be asked why and you will be asked about your habits. Then, a conclusion will be made and you will work it out based on the recommendations.





I wish I can be there!!! Let us know the outcome!!
She'll talk to you about things you may not be able to talk to your wife about yet.....or things you may not want your wife to know yet.





It's a safe place to be open and honest.....so do that.
My wife %26amp; I see our councilor separately.


It give you a chance to be honest about the way you feel about things without the wife there.


Get down to the personal juicy stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment