Sunday, May 9, 2010

When Did the State of Texas outlaw the posting of SSN's on marriage licenses?

My sister and I are looking for our father. We heard that way back in the day they used to print marriage licenses with SSN's on it. We looked at our mother and fathers marriage certificate and there was a number that looked like an SSN. That is ALL we need to find him. Around what year or something did they stop putting the numbers on the certificates?When Did the State of Texas outlaw the posting of SSN's on marriage licenses?
I cannot answer when they stopped.. but as of today, people have no legal authority to use anyone's social security number for any reason. I can't imagine how you would use it now, except illegally.


One exception is the social security death index, but that involves persons who have died.


http://ssdi.rootsweb.ancestry.com/


People protect them now, for the simple reason of ID theft.


If you want to send me a private message, I might have some legal places for you to look, or will look for you. I have 30 yrs experience with genealogy, which is usually dead persons, but sometimes find others.

No comments:

Post a Comment